This is formal notice of the Okotoks Raiders Lacrosse Association Annual General Meeting on November 20, 2018 at 7:00 pm at the Pason Centennial Arena Olympic Room. The Agenda for the AGM is as follows:
1. Report from the Board
- The current ORLA Board will present a report on the 2017-18 operations and season, including information and updates from CDLA and the ALA on matters pertaining to the 2019 minor lacrosse season.
2. By-Law Changes
- Our current by-laws do not reflect the modern reality of how Board business is conducted or current practice in society as to how not-for-profit and other similar board‘s conduct their business.
The Board is proposing to amend section 10 of the ORLA By-Laws to change the mandatory number of meetings of the Board to 8 from 10.
In addition, we propose to add the following section 10(a): "The Board may make any decision which might otherwise be made at a meeting by a resolution in writing approved unanimously by the Board in writing. Evidence of approval may take place by email ballot and a copy of such resolutions shall be appended to the minutes of the next regularly held meeting of the Board of Directors."
3. Director Elections
- Under section 21 of the current By-Laws, the current Board is supposed to submit to the AGM a slate of proposed directors to serve on the Board of Directors. At this time, the Board is not able to submit a full slate of Directors for the members approval, although we hope to be in a position to do so by the AGM. At this time the proposed slate of Directors is as follows:
Brent Robinson - President - Brent was elected Technical Director at the 2017 AGM, and was appointed acting President at a Board meeting on March 13, 2018, effective March 15, 2018. Brent has volunteered to serve the second year of his term as a director in the role of President, subject to approval of the members at the 2018 AGM.
Laurie Hunka - Director of Organizational Development
- Laurie was appointed by the Board at a meeting on April 3, 2018, to replace the prior director who resigned from that role in December, 2017. Laurie has volunteered to continue to serve as the Director of Organizational Development, subject to the approval of the members at the 2018 AGM.
Lana Young - Treasurer
- Lana was elected Treasurer at the 2017 AGM and has a year remaining on her term.
Shannon Rea - Director of Programming
- Shannon was elected Director of Programming at the 2017 AGM and has a year remaining on her term.
Nancy Rattray - Registrar (Director of Registration)
- The current director in this role will be completing her term at the 2018 AGM. Nancy has been volunteering with the ORLA in the role of Volunteer Coordinator and has volunteered to serve as the Registrar (Director of Registration) for the next Term, subject to approval of the members at the 2018 AGM.
That leaves the following positions vacant:
Director of Operations - This role is primarily responsible for equipment, apparel, facilities and related matters. The current director was elected at the 2017 AGM and is resigning from this role effective as of the 2018 AGM.
Director of Technical Development - This role is primarily responsible for coaching assignments and organizing evaluations. The prior director was appointed to replace Brent Robinson at a Board meeting on March 13, 2018, effective March 15, 2018, and is resigning this role effective as of the 2018 AGM.
Director of Administration
- This role is responsible for the ORLA Board minutes, plays a role in updating and maintaining the ORLA website and generally keeping records for the ORLA. The current director will be completing his term at the 2018 AGM.
The ORLA Board would like anyone interested in volunteering with the ORLA to fill one of these positions to contact any current Board member. In the event that we are unable to present nominations to the meeting prior to the meeting, we will be accepting nominations and electing new Board members from the floor at the AGM.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Tax Receipts for Lacrosse